The age old dispute of Leaders versus Managers will continue. However, developing “The Employee of the Future” will require you possess:
- Enough confidence in yourself to enjoy seeing your people contribute and gain recognition.
- Enough humility to know you must listen to others and be receptive to ideas as a good or better than your own approach.
- Enough curiosity to encourage debate over strategies—to better know if you have weaknesses you haven’t thought of – or strengths you may underestimate.
- Enough fairness to correctly want the best people to be promoted without regard to any considerations other than ability.
- Enough pride to want to be a good teacher to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- Enough loyalty to want your successors to be in a position to contribute more to the growth and development of the company than you have –to have employee succession add impetus to the company rather than slow it down.
- Enough respect for others to recognize the unique and important contribution each and every person can make.
- Enough sensitivity to realize that all our employees need to feel pride in themselves and their work.
– Author Unknown
Aspire to inspire and make a difference in your Organizational Climate and Culture.